Thursday, January 19, 2012

Aunt Patty

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, Sylvia goes to my Aunt Patty's house during the day.  We are so blessed to have Aunt Patty in our lives!  (And Uncle Roger, and cousins Kyle, Courtney, and Kevin, of course - they're there too, I guess; but we always just call it "Aunt Patty's House.")  Patty watches my cousin's son, Nolan, and another boy, Will, during these days as well.  Let me tell you something - Sylvia LOVES Aunt Patty's House!

I always knew that Aunt Patty would be a wonderful sitter for Sylvia because I remember when she was dating my uncle when I was a little girl, and she was always SO much fun to play with.  I did not, however, realize that Aunt Patty might as well be a day care director!  She does so many wonderful, engaging, educational activities with these three little ones.  How lucky is that? 

My favorite "project" so far has been the handprint Christmas tree, which is still hanging on our fridge because I plan to frame it sometime between now and next Christmas.  Anyone who is willing to dip my child's hand in paint is a saint, in my book.  That's one thing we have not yet done at our house, and now, I'm in no hurry!

Sylvia's favorite project, however, was this one:


Sylvia came home Wednesday afternoon with her very own birdfeeder!  As soon as I saw it, I asked if she wanted to hang it in a tree for the birdies, and YES she did!  We hung it on that low branch right above her head, then she picked up sticks off the ground and tried to touch the bird feeder with each one.  Such fun!


Today, we looked out the window and saw no birds, but I'm sure they're enjoying Sylvia's masterpiece anyway.  Thanks, Aunt Patty!  You're the BEST!

No comments: