Friday, February 5, 2010

On How to Be Lovely


"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that loving is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

As the soon-to-be mother of a girl and a life-long Audrey Hepburn fan, I just melted when I found this little gem of a quote today. I used to hate the primping and the pink-ness of being a girl, but in the last few years, I've really come to appreciate these fine girlish things and now I know why! With two showers coming up this weekend, I get to take my little girl and hang out with other girls, all of whom I love and adore. I'm ready to be pinked out, but more importantly, I'm ready to celebrate our little, happy, pretty miracle-on-the-way!

1 comment:

krissy said...

I new it couldn't be too long before I would see Audrey on your page!!
The next one I'm looking for? Grease Lightning :-)