Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm Dying of Cuteness Over Here!

Over the weekend, my Aunt Dar gave me the curtains she made for our baby room. I picked out the fabric a couple months ago and told her what I wanted, so I was really excited to get them and hang them up! But I have a "thing" about curtains...



Curtains are kind of...the world's most awful and terrible thing, in my opinion. I have a bad track record with curtains and window coverings of all kinds. When we moved into our house, the previous owners had these really fancy, mechanical, floor length, super complicated, not-so-lovely-but-very-practical curtains all throughout the house. I hate them. I've painted every room in the house and have yet to replace the curtains because I CAN'T FIND ANY TO MATCH THE PAINT! Plus, the ugly ones are very high quality and I don't want to just throw up any old shabby curtain I find at Target, although I have bought many a shabby-Target curtain only to take them back later. So, having said that, you now understand how anal I've been about the one, huge window in the baby room. It had to be PERFECT! I wanted to tear down the old curtains and sheers and put up some clean blinds and beautiful curtains. In my head, it was all planned out, and last night - thanks to Aunt Dar and Sylvain - it actually happened!!


I did all the measuring and purchasing of blinds and hardware, which included three trips to Lowe's and numerous returns to Target and World Market before I was finally satisfied. Last night I had all of my ducks in a row, so my wonderful husband spent hours hanging the blinds and curtains for me. He had to go down to the basement at one point and cut three small wooden blocks to mount behind the curtain rod brackets because they didn't stick out far enough thanks to our wonky window frames, and heaven forbid I go out and buy ONE MORE curtain rod that might work better. I was done buying curtain rods. This was the only possible one I could ever want in that room and he just had to make it work - so he did. Because he's crafty, and he loves me....or he loves not getting his head ripped off when I go hysterical over stupid curtains. Helllooo pregnancy hormones! Makes perfect sense to me.


So anyway, without further ado, I would like to present you with, what I beleive to be, the cutest baby room window in all the land. I'm telling you, brace yourself. It's truly the cutest. After you see it you're going to want to spend all of your time at my house rocking my baby to sleep. But you can't. Because she's mine. And I live here. Ha! Too bad for you.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Look at those tabs and those bows! And the brown and pink goes so well with the green and white stripes, don't you think? I'm in love. With curtains and a wall. Weird how that works.


And there are the lovely blinds and chair rail underneath. If you look close enough you can see the wooden blocks behind the brackets. I'll eventually paint those green to match the walls, but for now just pretend they're not there, okay? Keep your eyes on the curtains, people.


And here is my complete little rock-a-bye baby corner. I love it. The white blanket was a shower gift and it is one of many fuzzy, fluffy, snuggly, oh-my-gosh-I-want-to-rub-it-all-over-my-body blankets that I received last weekend. It's the only white one, though, and I think it's just precious.
So there you have it folks. Don't be jealous. If you ask very nicely, I MIGHT let you come over and rock my baby. Or just come hang out in her room. One thing's for sure, I'll be spending lots of time in there, so I'm happy it's all turning out so well. Last on our list - hanging pictures and washing bed linens and baby girl clothes. Then we'll be............"ready!" (As if, right?)

1 comment:

krissy said...

soooo cute! You have many sweet moments in that chair coming soon.