Monday, February 7, 2011

The Joy of Love

I signed up for a free, on-line photography class from Willette Photography.  This lady takes super sweet pictures and I'm very attracted to the words "free" and "class," so you can probably guess that I'm in love with this idea.  I signed up late, so I'm starting on day eight, but I got the gist of the first seven days and will try to post as much as I can during the month of February.  I have a lot to learn about my camera and editing photos, so for now, you'll have to bear with me.  It might just seem like an excuse to post pictures of my baby and my husband, but I PROMISE I'm fiddling with the aperture and ISO and exposure on my fancy camera!  Who knew that natural light was so hard to come by?  Especially when you leave before the sun rises and get home when the sun is setting!  Good photography is HARD!  Here are my first feeble attempts:

What They Do:
I was supposed to take a picture of a person I love, who is doing something they love to do. This weekend, Sylvia was in her second full week of NOT eating any food I tried to give her.  Since she was really lovin' on her bottles, I took a picture of her drinking a bottle: her favorite thing to do!


(Update: tonight she ate a ton of real food, so I'm very relieved!) 

What They Wear:
Sometimes I walk by the office to catch my husband wearing these amazingly old and nostalgic headphones.  Earlier this year, he took his computer speakers to his classroom, so he claims that these are his only option when it comes to getting good sound from his computer.  I think it's just an attempt to get me all riled up for a hot guy in headphones.  And it works.






Side note:  I'm totally cheating when it comes to editing these photos.  I just use picnik.com and choose the feature that makes them look the way I want them to.  Someday, I hope to be proficient in photoshop or some other photo editing software, but for now, I'll rely on the easiest things I can find!

I'll do my best to keep up with the whole "one assignment a day" thing, but I foresee a lot of weekend photo shoots in my future.  I might need to spread out these classes over a few months instead of just one day at a time.  I might just take my camera to school and see what kind of natural-light photos I can catch during my work day.  Lord knows our recess time is filled with all kinds of amazing fourth grade moments!  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I totally signed up for Joy of Love too! I'm just saving them all in a folder until I have time to read them - so look for mine this summer!

Mom said...

We need some good family shots; our family xmas pix together were awful!! I think we should plan it, the way we did all the Neltners, with just our family. Do you have a tripod and timer? We should get some good ones this spring.