Friday, December 18, 2009

I've Locked Myself in My House and I'm Not Coming Out!

Oh my goodness, gracious! Today was our last day of school before the winter break and I have to tell you, I couldn't have needed it more. This was a wrecking ball of a week. Lots of busyness* and hubub and jibber jabber going on at school and at home. I won't go into all the boring details, but let's just say that it's Friday night, and this is the first chance I've had to sit down and unwind all week. It's raining outside, so I rented a movie and already locked the front door, because even though I should go shopping or wrap presents or send Christmas cards, I'm planting my prengant butt on that amazing couch downstairs and I'm not MOVING! Do you hear me?! I'M NOT MOVING ALL NIGHT LONG!!

Ahhh. I feel better already.

I brought home all kinds of work to do over the break; namely grading, planning, and the dreaded National Board portfolio work I have to do. There's a lot on my plate, but I'm not touching any of it tonight. I might just put it all off until Monday. I might just spend all weekend sitting on the couch and staring at the Christmas tree while the colored lights and shiny ornaments carry me away into La La Land. That sounds like a nice place to be.

*Yes, busyness is a word. It's not business, but busyness - the quality or condition of being busy. I looked it up. So there.

No comments: