Monday, June 28, 2010

Down Time and a Genius Child

It seems like we've been running ourselves ragged lately with all of these trips to my parents' houses.  Father's Day weekend turned into a longer than expected trip, but it was well worth it.  Last weekend we went to a baseball game and went out to visit my stepmom and brothers.  But this week Sylvain has meetings all week for work, so Sylvia and I have the whole glorious week to ourselves.  Ahhhh, special snuggle time with the wee Nugget. 

I was going to save this for her three month letter, but I'm too excited about it not to share, and besides, I have plenty of other good things to write about in her upcoming letter.  (She'll be three months old next week!  Can you believe that?!  I am the mother of a THREE MONTH OLD BABY!!  Weird.)

Anyway, we went out to eat last night and after dinner we thought we'd go rent a movie (who do we think we are, right?).  While Sylvain was in the movie store, Sylvia and I waited in the car.  I turned around in my seat to play with her and her boyfriend, the duck.  I was pulling the cord down, wrapping her little hand around it, and letting go while her hand took a ride up to the duck as it vibrated, which, to a 3 month old, is a TOTAL PARTY!  She was shrieking with delight every time I let go and her little legs would start to kick furiously as if to say, "Again!  Again!"  By the time Sylvain came out to the car, she and I were both cracking up laughing.  Alas, all good things must come to an end, so as she let go of the pull cord I turned around to face forward and buckled my seatbelt.  We started driving back home and I was in the middle of explaining what was making her laugh so hard when we heard it...

click click click BUUUZZZZZ!!!!

We both snapped a drop-jawed look at each other, implying, "Oh my god, did I just hear what I think I heard?"  Then I turned around to see her little fist all wrapped around that blue pull cord.  Shock and awe, people, shock - and - awe!  I looked back at Sylvain and screamed...

SHE PULLED DOWN THE PULL CORD ON HER DUCKY TOY ALL BY HERSELLLLFFF!!!!  OUR BABY IS A GENIUS!!!

And she is.  This is what happens when you let your daughter fall in love with a duck.  We basked in the glow of first-time parentdom all the way home!

No comments: