Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Last Words for Baby

Dearest Little Nugget,


I thought I should sit down and write you one more letter before our pregnancy journey is over. We're three weeks away from your due date, although I know that doesn't mean much. You could be here tomorrow or you could be here in a month. It's totally up to you! The good news is, we have everything ready - or as ready as it's going to get, anyway. Your room is finished, the car seats are installed, and every room of the house has been baby-fied. I have no idea if all of this "stuff" will really be useful or if we're missing something really important, but I suspect we'll figure it out as we go. I'm not too worried about it.


That's one thing I've been surprised about lately - I'm not too worried about anything these days! I've reached a state of complete trust and faith in you and in the process of growth, development, birth - all the things that God put in place to bring you to us. As an expert worry wart, I can say I'm so glad that I found this place of peace where I can wait for you. I know a lot of it has to do with Daddy and his very practical, always level-headed attitude about everything. I think some of my inner calm also comes from the fact that we feel "ready." If I ever start to worry about something, I can just go sit in your room for a few minutes and make myself feel better. You'll be here soon, one way or another, and all the waiting will be over.


So, as we wind down these last few weeks, I want you to know that I've loved helping you grow. Our pregnancy wasn't always smooth. I had plenty of discomforts and bumps in the road, but it certainly wasn't as terrible and worrisome as it could have been. We never went on bed rest, our blood pressure and heartbeats have always been good and strong, and our visits to the midwife have been, for the most part, fairly standard and boring, which is a good thing! I've been working hard at school, which I think you enjoy as much as I do, because when we get home at night you are very active and alert inside your little world. I love to sit on the couch with my feet propped up and watch you move around; watch you poke and prod at me in different spots as if to say, "Hey Mom! Let me outta here! I've got things to do!" I can already tell you're going to be a busy girl!


So take your time in there, little one. I'm in no hurry. Everyone else seems to have a request for when and how you should be born, but Daddy and I just want you to come out at the best time for you! We can't wait to see you, and I can't wait for Daddy to hold you and feel you move like I've been doing for months now. We'll do our best to make your journey into this world a peaceful one, and once you're here, we'll do everything we can to make you happy. We already love you more than we ever thought we could. I hope our hearts can stand it when you finally arrive.


Until then,
Mom

1 comment: