Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finally Some Rest

I've had such a horrible week as far as sleeping is concerned. My alleriges have flared up beyond anything I've ever had before. It was like the whole world decided to pollinate at once and my eyes, nose and throat were screaming NOOOO!!!! It's hard enough to sleep while you're eight months pregnant. Every two hours something starts to hurt or go numb and it's time to roll over, or get up and pee, or get a drink of water, or accidentally elbow your husband in the head, or go sleep on the couch. Add to it the runny nose, sore throat and 3 AM wide-awakeness that comes with allergies and you've got one cranky teacher! I didn't think I was going to make it through Friday, but I did - thanks to my Planet Earth DVD's and some really good fourth graders!

After school, I went to the local health food store and bought a neti pot - best purchase I've ever made! I really, really don't want to take any medicine for this, especially since I know it's just allergies and not something serious, so last night I did my research and loaded up on every non-medicine tactic I could find. I drank honey with cinnamon (not good for my blood sugar, but great for my throat!), ran salt water through my nose with the neti pot (ahhhh, that felt so good!), slapped on a breathe-right strip (usually reserved for the snoring hubs), and fired up the baby's humidifer! Turns out I finally got a decent night's sleep. I was still up every few hours, but I had no problem falling back alseep and I could actually breathe when I woke up this morning. Success!

I'm so grateful for a restful, non-eventful weekend. I woke up this morning to birds and sunshine, which does wonders for the spirit. Then, while eating breakfast and checking out all of my favorite blogs, I found this one from some lady in Utah. It was one of the sweetest posts I've ever read, and since I know so many people with young kids, or babies, or babies on the way, I thought I'd share it.

Enjoy, and happy Saturday!

No comments: