Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow Day!!

We got a lovely four inches of beautiful, fluffy, snow yesterday!  Which meant that today was perfect for sled riding, snowman making, and hot chocolate!  Don't tell Sylvia, but I totally, absolutely HATE going out in the snow.  Which is why Sylvain was elected to do the job while I took pictures and video.  My argument?  "The Mom always stays inside and makes hot chocolate.  Didn't you know that?"  He he.

He didn't take her down the hill, but I made him hold her for a picture.
The neighbors have a much nicer sledding hill, so after a few attempts at ours, we ventured next door to join MANY neighborhood kids.

"We go sledding!  Let's do it again!"

They survived!

Trudging up our backyard hill - what a good Daddy!

Snowman construction.

She knocked on the front door and yelled to me, "Mommy!  We need a carrot NOOOSE!!!"  I was ON IT!

Stirring the hot chocolate!  She talked about it the whole time she was outside, but she only took two sips and declared, "I don't like it!." Which was surprising, considering she's never turned down chocolate.
I really wish we could just cross "snow day traditions" off the list and be done with it, but I'm pretty sure she's going to wanna do it again the next time it snows.  And I'm pretty sure I can't pull off the "I have to make the hot chocolate" excuse next time, either.  Oh well, at least it eats up an afternoon and wears the Nugget OUT!  Hopefully next time, we'll get a day off of school for all this beautiful snow!

No comments: