Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hide Your Children...I Might Eat Them

Y'all, I am SO HUNGRY!  I remember being hungry during the last pregnancy and I remember being REALLY hungry when I was nursing Sylvia, but I have never ever EVER been this hungry, ever before in my life.  Today I had FOUR plates of food at an Indian restaurant, and in the middle of my ravenous feeding frenzy, I looked up at Sylvain and said, "Do you think this food is amazing, or am I just really pregnant?"  He shrugged and kept eating, so I'm assuming it was really that good!  I finally felt full for the first time in a long time, and it took an hour and a half of solid eating, only stopping to drink tons of water and comment on how awesome the food was.  Then I came home and had a snack.

I eat ALL THE TIME.  And I'm not gaining weight...yet.  I've been worried about the weight gain issue for a while, but my doctors aren't, so I've tried to let it go.  I finally stepped on the scale again this morning and gained two whole pounds, yippee!  I don't know where all this food is going.  My belly is growing by the day, so if the weight is coming off in other areas (arms, legs, butt?) I will NOT complain.  But I don't know how much more the rest of my body can fork over to this child.

My Mom said my brother was born hungry and never stopped eating.  So far, the hunger has been the only significant difference between this pregnancy and the last one.  Boy, maybe??  Don't know, obviously.  But we'll find out on Thursday and I CAN'T WAIT!  I'm so ready to start working on a baby room, which might be why we decided to slap up a darling white chair rail in Sylvia's room this weekend.  I just had to do SOMETHING for a baby, so I started with the one I already have!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go eat a whole box of frozen waffles before I go to bed.

No comments: