Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm Skipping Ahead

Okay, so I have lots of fun pictures to post from the Fourth of July and our trip to Atlanta, but here are some pictures from a much more important event: MY birthday (today)!  I went out this morning to get a manicure and pedicure, and buddy, did I need them!  The little lady who did my toes was more than opinionated about the dire state of my toenails.  But don't worry, they're pretty now!  Anyway, I came home to find that there was a gift in the mailbox from my lovely husband (a book wrapped in cupcake wrapping paper - hooray!) and the baby was taking a nap.  An honest to goodness daytime NAP!  It only lasted for 35 minutes, but it was glorious.  Then, when she woke up, I asked her to help me pick out my outift for our dinner date tonight and she got a little squealy when I started pulling out my necklaces.  So......I put one on her.  Then another one, then....the rest of them. 

Most of them were longer than her.  She had a blast.  We narrowed it down to a few of our favorites and picked out a pretty dress.  I can't wait to go out on the town, but I'll miss my little nugget tonight!


Here she steals a look at Daddy behind the camera as if to say, "She can't be serious, right?"

I was having way too much fun, so I also enlisted the cat's help.


She was not amused.

Now, as soon as I find my other camera, I'll post pics from our vacation and the Fourth of July.  It's around here somewhere.  I have some adorable videos to post as well, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do that. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for birthdays!! SO happy you've got a fun night planned! I love ANY blog update - no matter the theme or chronological order :)

Anonymous said...

Your cat's face is priceless! LOL "I want to keeeeel you!"

Amanda Henry :)