Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"I Won't Cry"

Today was Sylvia's first official day of preschool.  Lucky for me, she's already been to her preschool a handful of times because those experts really know what they're doing.  They've had an Open House, a Meet The Teacher Night, and a play date, all in the last few weeks to get the kids ready to be in a new place.  She was so excited to go to school today and I was able to stay home for a little longer than usual so I could help her get ready and take the obligatory photos.  I must say, it was a delightful little photo shoot.





She is our sweet girl.  A ball of energy and enthusiasm and wit.  She still asks me almost every day if she's big and I always tell her she's getting bigger.  But when I looked at these pictures, after thinking about her all day and wondering how she was doing at school, it hit me like a ton of bricks - she's so big.  When I used to lay awake at night, wondering what my kids would look like, what my life would be like, I never dreamed, in a million trillion years, that it would look as beautiful as this.  I have a preschooler.  She's mine and I'm hers and we get to spend this life together.  Mind blown.

When Sylvain dropped her off this morning, he followed her into her classroom to take some pictures. 

I know, her backpack is huge.  But she chose it and she loves it, so it'll probably last until middle school!


Taking care of business.


When Sylvain told her he was leaving, she gave him a hug and said, "It's okay, Daddy, I won't cry."  He wasn't expecting her to cry at all, but she tells me there were two boys crying in the morning because they "wanted their Mommies and Daddies!"  I guess she wanted her Daddy to know that she was going to be O.K! 

When I got home I asked her to tell me all about her day, and here's what I was able to gather:
*She doesn't know her teachers names, but they are nice and they are pretty and they make all the kids close their eyes when they pray.
*They had animal crackers for a snack.  She spilled her water.  She helped clean it up.

So....teachers and snacks.  That's about all that a three year old cares to remember on the first day of school!  She loved her first day, and I  hope she loves every single day of school from here until eternity!  Way to go, Nugget.  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love her sweet little dress! Also, I can't believe she's already in preschool, I hope she has a great year!