Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back to Real Life

I'm starting to feel normal again.  I'm not sure if it's because the holidays are over and our calendar looks reasonable again.  Or if it's because Margot has slept like a normal person for the last two nights in a row.  Or if it's because we've had normal five day weeks and two day weekends with no one getting sick.  Or if it's because Margot is six months old now and she can sit up and play and keep herself busy for a little while.  Who knows!  Who cares?  It doesn't really matter.  What matters is that we're in a good groove right now (which is sure to change as soon as I type those words, right?). 

Here.  Have some cute baby pictures:
Friday night play date with Baby Shelby!

Pizza, beer and babies.  Does it get better?  The answer is no.

I knew babies loved their own toes - I did not know they love ANYBODY'S toes!

Sylvia and I have been having fun in her new kitchen.  Sylvain thought this was hilarious because I don't do any cooking in my real kitchen.  So he took some pictures:







Sylvia is getting really imaginative lately.  She wants to play "doctor" or "store" or "restaurant" all day long.  I am happy to oblige when I can, but today I had a TON of school work to do, so when she asked if I'd play doctor with her, it broke my heart to say, "No, Mommy has to work.  How about you play doctor with Margot?"  Well, holy cow.  You would have thought it was Christmas morning!  Sylvia shouted, "Yeah!!!  I play doctor with my SISTER!!!"  That baby sure does come in handy.

Speaking of that baby....I really love this six month age.  She's expressive and funny and cute, but she can't GO anywhere yet, so when I set her down somewhere she STAYS there.  Heaven.  Feeding her is fun, too. 

It doesn't matter what's on the menu, she's going to try to grab it.

"What?!  It's almost GONE?  Crazy talk.  I'm worried."

Oh staaaahhhhp, you're too much.

Bubbles.  Humbert face.  The cute-meter is through the ROOF!





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love Margot's faces! Adorable!