Monday, November 5, 2012

Girl Party Weekend

The weekend before Halloween, Sylvain took off to the middle of nowhere with my Dad and brothers, so it was just me and The Girls for a fun-filled Pumpkin and Princess Fest!  Let me tell you, it was F.U.N.  And exhausting.  But really just lots of fun.

On Saturday night we went to Mom's house for pumpkin carving.  I mentioned that it might not be the best idea for children under 3 to wield sharp knives, so I brought our finger paints.  That turned out to be the right move - Sylvia and Charlie had a blast!  I, of course, didn't bring the right camera, so here are some pics from my mother-in-law.
Running around in her first dress of choice for the evening.
Selecting the first of many pumpkin colors.

She started like a real art-eest...

...and ended like Honey Boo Boo in a mud pit.

Margot was there, too.  Probably counting down the days until she could escape this nonsense!
Speaking of my mother-in-law, she came up for the weekend and stayed at our house because she had a BIG surprise for The Nugget....

 She took us to Disney on Ice: Treasure Trove!  Wooooot!  It was a blast.  They packed a TON of Disney stories into two 45-minute acts.  If I remember correctly, they began in this order: Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lion King...

...but during the Lion King I was starting to get antsy, because if a princess didn't show up soon, this one was going to go NUTS:
 Alas, The Walt Disney Company did not disappoint!  The last four stories were Aladdin and Jasmine, Ariel, Snow White and finally...Rapunzel!!!  Thank God.  I was blown away by the costumes and the dancing, and I often had to remind myself that this is all being done ON ICE, so...ice skaters are awesome.  It was a really great show.  

During the Rapunzel story, they lifted all of these floating lanterns into the rafters and Sylvia was totally awestruck!  Then Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder started singing their song, which has the following lines in it:

"Now she's here, it's crystal clear, I'm where I'm meant to go.  And at last I've seen the light, and it's like a fog has lifted.  And at last I've seen the light, and it's like the sky is new.  And it's warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted.  All at once, everything is different, now that I see you."  

Which is all fine and good when it's a love song between a boy and a girl, but when you're sitting with your daughter in your lap, a tiny little child who wasn't there three years ago, but suddenly, there she is!?  Oh boy.  I cried.  It was really sweet.

Okay, so then, as if that wasn't fun enough, out comes Tiana and Naveen for a little danceroo, which made Sylvia go even more NUTS. 

And THEN the show was over, and the curtains at the back of the stage parted, and....I'm not even kidding about this next part....EVERY SINGLE PRINCESS CAME OUT!!  In a row.  And there was a huge Princess/Prince number and Sylvia could hardly contain herself.  She was trying so hard to shout all of their names as they passed our corner.  She was bouncing up and down and pointing and...
Total Princess Mania!



We are so lucky to have a Mamie who enjoys the girly things in life!  I wish there was a good picture of my Mom and Sylvia, so you'll just have to trust me - she was there too and she loved every minute of it!  Oh, and as you can see, Abby came.  Thank goodness.  I can't wait until that girl can babysit!

I won't lie, I was wary about going.  I'm not the biggest fan of princesses, but I'm trying to be better.  I knew that this wasn't about me and my opinions, it was about Brigitte and Sylvia and a special day together for them to bond.  I was surprised at how much I loved the show.  It really was a lot of fun!




No comments: