Friday, September 3, 2010

Fall Preview

We threw open the windows tonight and let the first hints of fall waft through our house.  It's just a tease, I know.  It's supposed to get back up to 90 degrees next week, but I'll take any open-windowed night I can get!  As I was putting Sylvia to bed, we heard the local high school's marching band less than a mile away.  Far enough away that it wasn't going to wake her up, but close enough that it might be playing in her dreams.  I hope.  The big UK game is tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited about a long, relaxing, three day weekend.  I love summer, but I live for fall.  The beginning of a new school year; cool, crisp weather; apple pie; and of course, UK football.  It doesn't get better than this! 

I looked back through my recent posts and realized I did a lot of complaining and whining about how crazy life can be with a four month old.  I also noticed there was a severe lack of pictures of the wee nugget.  So tonight I'll just say that the rest of our week was smooth and easy.  Sylvia sleeps like a champ, eats like a champ, and the three of us are rolling along as happily as any new family of three could be.  So, without further ado (there's been much too much ado around here lately), here are some pictures of our visit with Sally's side of the family last weekend.  Sylvia had SO much fun with my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.
 
Here's Grandma, Katie, and Carrie playing with sweet Sylvia.  It was one big girl party over there, which is probably why I didn't get any pictures with Grandpa, even though it was his birthday!  Oops.

Sylvia and Molly.  Two pretty girls!

Carrie, Sally, Sylvia and Katie.  There's a good chance I might be mixing up Katie and Carrie, but I really think I've got it right.

I love this picture!  Grandma looks so pretty in pink.  I guess she'd be Great Grandma to Sylvia.

It was a wonderful weekend visit.  Now we're sitting at the beginning of another lovely weekend, so I'm going to do my best to enjoy every second of it!  GO CATS!!


1 comment:

Laura said...

We slept with our windows open last night, too! It's the BEST! So glad the Cats won, I was starting to get nervous in the second half.