Monday, August 9, 2010

A Mama's Prayer

Dear God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mary Virgin Mother, all the Saints and Angels in Heaven (including Grandpas Neltner, Humbert and Eiben, and Granny, and Cindy, and Jerry, and anyone else who's living in God's love):


Watch over my baby.

Keep her safe.

Keep her happy.

Shine your love on her while she's in someone else's care. See that they are gentle, patient, and kind. See that they attend to her needs. That they dry her tears, hold her, rock her, play with her.

Wrap her in your warmth and comfort her when I cannot. Stand over her while she sleeps in another crib.

Bless her. Bless her. Bless her.

And while you're at it, help me make it through the day, too. Help me to focus on the kids in my own care, the ones who need me. Help me look at them with a mother's eyes, love them with a mother's heart. Give all of us the strength, wisdom and patience to make it through another school year.

Thank you for your love. I see it everywhere I go.

Watch over my baby.

Amen.

As you can see, my baby goes to day care for the first time tomorrow. I know there are so many more important things going on the world and that I should save some room in my prayers for all of the hurt and suffering people out there, but tonight, I pray for her and for me. If you have an extra minute for us, maybe you could sqeeze us into your prayers too. Right between starving children and people who have cancer.

No comments: