There are so many things I've been meaning to blog about concerning the pregnancy but just haven't had the time, so here they are in a condensed version:
Things That Make Me Cry
1. "Halo" by Beyonce. The first time I cried after learning I was pregnant was when I heard this song on the radio on my way to school on the very first day. For those of you hip enought to know that song, now you understand the titles of a couple previous posts! Taylor Swift's "Best Day" also chokes me up.
2. The picture of my husband as a baby that sits on my desk. If I look at it too long, I get teary.
3. The hug I got from a student at the end of the day. He had a really rough day, but still found it in himself to give his teacher a hug.
4. The reading that Emily's mom did at the wedding from the Velveteen Rabbit. Something about becoming real once you have been loved by a child. I looked across the row of bridesmaids and groomsmen and caught Sylvain's eye, then cried. On a side note, I cried more at her wedding than I have at any other wedding in my life.
5. Random emails from my Mom about how she can't wait to sit on the porch swing with my baby.
6. Baby books at Joseph-Beth. All of them.
7. Almost any commercial with a child in it.
Things I Ate in the First Trimester That Make Me Want to Puke Right Now:
1. bananas - I was obsessed with them for about four weeks. I looked forward to my evening ritual of checking out who was on Facebook while simultaneously making out with a banana. I'm not kidding, I went to town on those suckers (get your minds out of the gutter, people, I'm totally talking about the fruit)!
2. saltine crackers - saved my life more than once, now the sight of them makes me gag.
3. gingerbread cookies - see "saltine crackers"
Things I Did During Week Eleven When I Got a Superhuman Burst of Energy
1. Finished lesson plans and grading (whuuuut??? That's never happened in my life!)
2. Finished a week's worth of National Board reading material in ONE NIGHT.
3. Baked and decorated sixty cupcakes.
4. Bought and wrapped a wedding gift.
5. Cleaned the kitchen.
6. Organized the bedroom closet and dresser...then dusted the bedroom furniture. Another miracle.
7. Organized and sometimes bought the Science supplies needed for the rest of this unit for my class and Tyler's class. Oh! And I helped Tracy and Linda set up the containers for their crayfish because they refused to touch them.
8. Read the next two chapters of "What To Expect When You're Expecting," even though I hate that book.
So, as you can see, when I wasn't busy keeping myself from getting sick (which I never really did, by the way, thanks to awesome pregnancy genes from my mother), I was buzzing around my classroom and the house like a CRAZY PERSON!!
Word to your mother.
#76: So About That Beach Duplex We Bought…
14 hours ago