Monday, April 13, 2009

Back to the Blog!

Phew! I'm glad that's over. Six weeks without my blog was no big deal, but six weeks without other people's blogs was tough! I wish I could say I called more long-lost friends and reconnected with folks I haven't talked to in years, but who am I kidding? I am grateful to Laura for keeping me in the loop during her house hunting and selling ordeal, and thanks to Meredith for posting a welcome back video from your sweet little girl. I guess I didn't miss that much after all, but it does feel good to be back.

What have you been doing for fourty days, you ask? Well, here's my list:
1. I found out I get to teach fourth grade next year and I've decided that's exactly where I want to be anyway, so it all worked out in the end. (Sigh of relief)
2. We remodelled the bathroom over spring break and learned how to hang a light fixture.
3. I've been trying to go to the gym or work out at least 3 times a week, sometimes four. Chud has lost all kinds of weight and looks quite buff and toned...I have pimples from sweating too much and still look lumpy and gross - but I feel good and that's what matters right? (Right.)
4. We went to Keeneland and spent a lot of money while not winning any of it back.
5. We planted a tomato garden and an herb garden in the back yard.
6. I read "The Kite Runner" and LOVED it.
7. I read some other books not worth mentioning.
8. I made some super cute Easter cupcakes.
9. I watched the Biggest Loser and Dancing with the Stars while folding laundry instead of sitting under my laptop.
10. I watched the evening news and paid attention! (How about those pirates, people?)
11. I bought two plane tickets to France (June 11 - July 2: Three weeks of bliss!)
11. I spent time with my hubby or just with myself when he was busy. And it was wonderful.


That's about all I can remember, but I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Yesterday's Easter festivities were lengthy and far away, so all I did last night was log on to Facebook. I'm not so sure I like that place anymore. The only thing it's good for is sending a message to lots of people at once. Other than that, I've decided it's a pretty useless time-waster. As much as I love looking at other people's pictures of their cute kids, is it really worth the oodles of pictures of me in my eighth grade cheerleading outfit? The answer is an emphatic NO! Don't worry, I won't get rid of my account yet, but I won't be spending two hours a night there either. I guess in the end I can say that it my Lenten Promise had the desired effect. I have weened myself from the 2-3 hours a night staring at a computer screen and will be perfectly happy with checking blogs and writing posts 2-3 nights a week instead.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I just saw you a few weeks ago and I didn't think you looked lumpy and gross! I thought you looked BEAUTIFUL!!! You were glowing and thin. I don't know what in the world you mean by lumpy.

I love your new picture!

I cannot wait to hear more about your trip this summer.

Organic Meatbag said...

Ahhh, the electronic Lent, eh??? That would be tougher for me than giving up the excesses of meat and chocolate...hehehe...

Laura said...

yay! welcome back! I LOVE your new blog layout and the mmp picture looks GREAT! Will you be posting pictures of these cute Easter cuppy cakes? (i want to make some soon, btw -- maybe vegan red velvet, I'm hoping they have less calories -- darn you WW!)