Monday, August 18, 2008

The Cutest Li'l House in the Whole Wide World!

Okay, don't get too excited yet, we're still waiting on our counter offer to their counter offer to be accepted, but we'll know by 5:00 tomorrow. I don't see why we wouldn't get it, though (knock on wood - hardwood floors, that is)! We went back to look at the house again tonight because in the midst of all this number crunching and counter offering and real estate agents and mortgage lenders, I decided that I just had to see it again before we took another step.

I lost sleep last night imagining the house in my head and thinking "How big were those bedrooms?" and "How much of that basement really was finished?" and, I kid you not, "I don't remember seeing any outlets in the bathroom, where will I plug in my hairdryer?" These are the things that kept me up until 1:00, even though I took my trusty old Tylenol PM around 10:00. Yes, it relaxes the body, but it does NOT slow down the mind! I laid comfortably in bed just wondering, and wondering and wondering.......

So, after twenty four hours of waiting and worrying and budgeting and worrying and asking questions and worrying, we finally decided that yes, we CAN afford this house; yes, it IS in a good neighborhood; and yes, we WILL be rediculously happy there - but I had to see it again just to be sure. I took my camera, and the batteries only lasted long enough to get these pictures of the outside, but as soon as we pulled in the driveway, I knew we had to have that house. It's just so darn CUTE. The rooms were plenty big, the basement was plenty finished and there were even outlets in the bathroom. All that worrying for nothing! Take a look and tell me you can't wait for our first backyard barbeque!







**Shreiks of Delight** And the inside's even cuter than the outside, if you disregard some horrible carpet and wallpaper choices on the part of the previous owners. Wish us luck and I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.

Thank you Mom and Meredith for talking me down off of ledges, thank you Emily and Laura for getting excited with us! I can't wait for all of you to see it - once it's ours, of course. And thank you to my darling husband who is the ying to my yang when it comes to freaking out about things. If he had a dollar for every time he said, "It's going to be fine," he'd have at least ten dollars.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Aw, GRRRRRRL! That house is so darn cute! I can just see a little baby pool in the backyard....

KIDDING! JUST KIDDING! :)

Really, it looks great and it sounds like everything you need and you guys are going to be so happy in your home sweet home. I can't wait to come over for rabbit stew.