Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another Summer Gone

The school year has started and I have to say, I love my new school! Don't get me wrong, it's VERY different from my old school, but the things they do here are great. I have some wonderful kids who are so anxious to learn, I almost feel like I'm doing them a disservice at this point in the year by wasting their time with procedures and routines. Every time we start a real lesson, they get so excited! Well, most of them do, anyway. I know it's just a honeymoon phase, but I love it. They pull out their notebooks and pencils and sit up straight in their desks and I can tell their thinking, "Look at me! I'm in fourth grade! Look how big and smart I am!"

I could go on and on about how different my new school is, but instead I'll just write about how great it is to be in Louisville. I went to bed Monday night, the night before the first day of school, and I was so content. Chud came to bed and I let out a sigh of relief when I realized that we're both going to get up at the same time tomorrow, we're both going to drive ten minutes to our schools (no commute!) and we're both going to come home when we're done (no graduate classes)! How nice is that? The last two nights we've been busy with beginning-of-the-year jobs that need to be done, but it's so nice to be able to talk to each other about school. I love being married to another teacher!

Here's to a great school year!

No comments: