Monday, June 30, 2014

Miss Margot Turns 2!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 2 is my favorite age!  This girl is FANTASTIC!  Her arms and legs are starting to get a little longer, but she still has that giant baby head that makes her adorably cute.  I remember when Sylvia turned two and all I could think about was how much I loved her pigtails and how much I'd miss them when her hair grew out.  Margot is exactly the same!  Darling little pigtails on this one.  Two year old pigtails are the BEST!  Anyway, here's the recap of her fantastic birthday.

Our party was relocated to Grammy's house because our air conditioner was broken (boo!!!), but it couldn't have worked out better.  Grammy has plenty of room and we had plenty of kids to fill up her house!

Aunt Jen and baby Alex were the first to arrive, so Mom snuck in some baby snuggles before the madness set in.


Margot's favorite color is orange (I guess - it's the only color she can ever identify consistently and she gets pretty excited about it), so we now have a plethora of orange bows and orange outfits for the girls.  She was pretty cute in her overalls and pigtails for the Farm themed party!



Sassy Pants

She's huge on hugs!  I hope she never outgrows that habit.
 Justin came with his babies, Shelby and Stella.  For the first time ever, Margot didn't panic when she saw him!  She's warming up to folks now that she's a wise old 2 year old!


Brian and Kara were there with Josie and Harry.  The babies were all showing up in sibling pairs, which was kind of crazy considering five years ago we were all partying together and now we're hauling baby carriers and eying the clock for bedtime.


The Reynolds were there, which meant the decibel level increased exponentially because when Sylvia and Cecilia are together there is wild cackling and raucous noises of merriment!


Ben, Emily, Scarlett and Archer came all the way from Lexington and it was so good to see them!  Scarlett and the girls played with the doll house upstairs for a good long time, and it always makes my heart melt to see my girls and my best friends' girls play together. 


The "kid table" was a hit and the girls loved their little animal hats.  Not sure how much dinner was actually consumed at the table, but whatever.  They had fun!



(I don't know why the Reds game was on the TV, Grandma Neltner wasn't even there!)
 Don't be fooled, I wasn't the ONLY one excited about a new inflatable pool for the back yard.  Margot and Sylvia were pretty darn excited too!

Paints and paint brushes.  Her favorite gift!

Books!

Hugs from big sister, who helped wrap a bunch of presents from Grammy and from us.

Her big gift from us was a balance bike, which I bought on Zulily.com for half the price!  She's still just a tad too small for it, but I'm hoping she'll grow into it in a few months, and if not, she'll be ready to rock on it next summer!


Oh look!  Sylvain's holding a boy.  How does that feel, Papa?  Better get used to it!


Here is Mom's amazing barn yard birthday cake!  I don't think it gets any cuter than that!


Once we started singing, Margot was feeling pretty special.  She was singing along and it was the cutest darn thing I've ever seen.


The candles were too far away and I didn't want her to mess up the cupcakes!  So we had to improvise and move her closer to the side, then Sylvia finally blew them out for her, but Margot didn't seem to care one bit!

 
Cupcake time!

Piggies!  I did not see this in real life, thank goodness.
Gran snuggled with Harry for a long time and she somehow managed to eat a cupcake while holding a baby.  She's a professional, folks. 


Mamie Brigitte also drove up from Louisville to celebrate with us and I could kick myself for not getting a good picture of her (I guess you can kind of see her in the mirror above, but I should have tried to get one of the Grandparents and the girls together). 

It seems that a good time was had by all and I know that Margot was in HEAVEN all day long while she played and danced and laughed and soaked up all the attention that a 2-year-old deserves on her birthday!  She was so much fun to watch and we are so grateful to everyone who came and showered her with gifts.  I can't wait to see what this year will bring for her.  She is such a spunky, smart, and silly little girl.  She's a wonderful sister to Sylvia and I know she will love her role as a big sister to baby boy!  It's amazing to see how our family has fallen into place since she's been born.  Our Little Middle.  I don't know what we'd do without her!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday Margot! What a fun party and adorable 2 year old!!!