Thursday, December 30, 2010

Well, I Knew This Was Coming...

...but I was still surprised to see this when I got Sylvia up from her nap this afternoon:

What a big girl!  She's been pulling herself up onto low furniture and a few toys for a couple weeks, but usually when I get her in the mornings, she's lying on her back, just kicking and playing.  Every once in a while she'll be on her stomach or her hands and knees, but today she was standing right up, screaming her head off.  I was so surprised that I left the room and grabbed my camera. 

She's not a happy camper, perhaps because she did not want to take a nap or perhaps because, if you look closely you'll notice, that her PANTS are falling down, and no self-respecting girl can go to sleep with her pants off.  Poor baby.

3 comments:

Laura said...

ohmygoodness! what does this mean?!? do you have to lower her crib more or can that wait until she's even MORE mobile?

Pocket said...

no, her crib only has two levels and we lowered it a long time ago when she started crawling. As long as her crib is far away from anything she can reach out and pull on (i.e. the blinds and the shelves), I think we're good. But I'm not the world's greatest baby proofer, I have yet to proof a single thing in our house. :)

Grammy said...

Way to go Sylvi-pie! Now the fun begins. She'll be jumpin' over those rails in no time.