Monday, December 15, 2008

Ego Boost

My brother plays bluegrass music. And he's good. I'm not just being biased because I'm his sister. I know music, and he's good. He's been playing my Mom's guitar for years and now he's in this rockabilly band that is really great. He can write songs, he can sing and boy, can he play. Last year, he and his bluegrass buddies decided to get together and make a band called "The Annual Christmas Album Band." The idea is they all come together to make a Christmas album every year. Their CD last year was awesome. This year they gave the project a theme - "Christmas Rodeo." Their songs are well executed and the lyrics are hilarious!

Now that we live in Louisville, I was able to SING on Jordan's album! I went over to his house tonight to record "Rodeo Star of Bethlehem" a la Emmylou Harris. Jordan played guitar while I sang, then I went back over it and recorded the harmony. It was more fun than I've had in a long time and Jordan was pretty impressed. I can't wait until the CD's finished and I can force all my friends to listen to it. So those of you that know me well, get ready. You're going to hear it and you're going to LOVE it....or else!

Also, as if that wasn't fun enough, Jordan asked Chud to play drums for his band Friday night. Me on a CD and my husband in a band. I bet we're the coolest people you know, right?

1 comment:

Laura said...

wow! i can't wait to hear the cd!!