Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How to Stay Happy

Okay, I just had a really great early morning workout and I have a theory as to why this moring's routine was so much more pleasant than the last week's worth of morning workouts - I laughed my ass off right before bed last night! I'm not even kidding. The last few mornings, I woke up groggy, stuffed up, cranky...but today I woke up refreshed and energized. Right before bed, Sylvain and I were watching AFV and I always laugh when people fall down, but last night there was the FUNNIEST video of a little kid at a T-Ball game. I won't go into details, but it's been a LONG time since I've laughed that hard and it felt really good. The best part is, I didn't feel stupid or guilty for laughing until I cried because Sylvain was laughing equally hard and we shared one of those - "Wow, this is really weird and really fun" - kind of moments. I fell asleep with a smile on my face and woke up exactly six and half hours later. I didn't wake up ONCE in the middle of the night; I don't even think I switched sides. I didn't move a muscle and I got the best sleep I've had in a long time. Then I went to they gym and ran like I've never run before. I'm about to start my day at school and I'm actually looking forward to it! It's amazing how far a little laugh will take you.

I'll try to find the video on-line and post it either here or on MySpace. Chances are it won't be nearly as funny today, but I'm hoping for the best!

No comments: