Sunday, November 9, 2014

October

Yikes!  It's been over a month since I've posted and that month just happens to be October (and nine days of November) in which SO MUCH FUN was had!  Instead of posting each event, here's a giant month-in-pictures post.  Hang on to your hats!

Preschool Pumpkin Patch Field Trip








Fun facts: Margot puked in the car on the way there and I had no extra clothes.  We bought clothes at a second hand store and put them straight on to her little body because WE ARE NOT MISSING PUMPKIN DAY!  Also, when all the kids were in line to milk the cow, the farmer was listing examples of dairy products.  The preschoolers were chiming in to say, "Mmm....milk!" and "I had yogurt for breakfast!" and "Cheese is my favorite!"  Then Margot yelled in her loudest, rowdiest, scratchiest voice, "I LOVE HOT DOGS!"  There was a huge silence and all the moms turned to stare at her as I was holding her.  One mom said, "Did she just say she loves....hot dogs??"  I had tears in my eyes trying to hold back the laughter and when I said, "Yes," it all came out and I was laughing like a lunatic.  I had no excuse, the girl eats hot dogs almost every day.  Sigh.  I love 2 year olds!

Oktoberfest!







No family pictures this year because the kids were having too much fun running around.  We didn't stay long because it started to rain, but we stayed long enough to have a beer and a bavarian cream puff.  Success!  Next:

Neltner Farm!















This is my favorite Fall tradition.  It's like I'm watching my kids grow before my eyes!  I could go on and on about how special this place is to us, but instead I'll just dump these pictures here and hope that we're still getting the same good pumpking picking pictures when they're teenagers!

Preschool Halloween Gift Gathering Party!

Our preschool hosts a gift gathering party every year in October to collect items to use in the silent raffle during the Family Dance in January.  It's also a good excuse to let the kids come to school in bulky costumes that are much too hot to wear on a regular school day!  They rotate through centers and activities and this year did not disappoint!  It was worth skipping naps, I'll tell ya that much!













Margot can't wait to start preschool next year!  If that just gave you a heart attack, how about this: when Margot's in preschool next year, Sylvia Joyce will be in KINDERGARTEN.  Like a darn grown up.

So that covers October, except for our amazing Halloween, which will have to wait for another post.  It's been a busy, wonderful, exciting fall!





No comments: